Just a reminder...

When you post here, remember that our blog is public and also remember the Acceptable Use Policy of our school. You may find a copy of it on the school website. This blog will be informative and interesting if everyone takes it seriously.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Traveling

When I was sitting in my Spanish class, and some students said that they have never traveld in a plane yet, I was a little bit shocked. Now with summer comming, traveling becomes big again. I do not see my exchange programm as a vaccation, but definitley as an adventure. Traveling to a different continent, living alone in a land that does not speak "my" language and has a different culture, to me it still sounds crazy. Would that be something for you? Does somebody want to go on the other side of the world to study there? In my German school there are 23 tenth-graders right now on an exchange. That's almost a fourth of all 10th graders, so it's really big over there.
It really interests me if you ever thought about it, or if you even have plans for such a trip.

For myself, I don't know where I'll study in 3 years, I don't think that I'll go to a college, it's to expensive. Right now, it's free to study at a German university but more and more states are thinking of a fee, which would be still smaller than the costs for a college. I want to go to Australia for a longer time, to learn surfing and to see its nature, but I do not know if I want to study there. I guess learning everything in English would still make a lot of problems for me.

If you think about doing something like that, I just recommend it to you. I'm glad that I have done it and I would do it again. Even if there are a lot of problems and you sometimes just want to go home, it makes you stronger. You make so much experiences, you wouldn't make if you just stay at home.

3 comments:

EzE said...

Traveling can be in different ways . Many people prefer traveling by plane but i prefer traveling by car. I like traveling by car because you can enjoy looking at different places during a car ride. you get to stop at some places for some drinks and snacks if its a long ride. I enjoy a long car ride usually when I am traveling with my uncle to go to Maryland during the holidays. I also love traveling because i getaway from home and go to see other places for a change, like during summer i travel a lot with my family.

Quinn said...

Traveling is a great thing to do and it can provide you with great memories. I have traveled to over 30 states in the U.S.A and I enjoy traveling alot. When I travel I prefer a plane because its quicker. An exchange programn would be pretty cool and if I had the chance I would take it even though it would be a very hard transition. I hope that as I get older that I can continue to travek the globe and experience new places and cultures.I think that there are many kids that never get the chance to travel somewhere because of finacial issues and that an exchange programn would be a great idea to set up in many schools, so that kids can get the chance to travel and experience something new.

Ian L. said...

Traveling is an enjoyable way to experience new places, new food and other experiences. I personally have traveled to twelve states but never out of the country. I have gone by boat, plane, and car. Without traveling my life would be very dull and I would not be excited for the summer as I am now. Not every place has what we have here. For example the Philly Cheese steak is mainly in this area not in many other places. Without traveling you can not experience many new things and life will be mediocre.